at KUST. Every student is required to register for a course through online KCMS system at KUST. The office of the Head of Department will confirm and process the registration of students using online KCMS system.
1. Pre-Semester Registration
Students may submit the Course Registration Form online for upcoming semester two weeks before the final examinations of the ongoing semester. This may help students to have scheduled the courses of their choice. However, they will have to consult their Academic Advisors and the course catalog for such registration. Such registration will be confirmed only after the notified period of the semester registration. The first semester students cannot avail this opportunity. They will have to register for their courses during the notified registration period only.
2. Semester Registration
Semester registration must be completed before the start of classes. No student will be allowed after the class starts. However, students will be allowed to add and drop courses with the permission of the concerned authority.
3. Late Registration
In case, a student could not submit the Course Registration on or before deadline according to approved academic calendar due to unavoidable circumstances and acceptable reasons, he must formally apply to the respective Head of Department for granting approval of the late registration. Late registration may be granted on the following terms and conditions.
- The registration shall not be late by more than three weeks, inclusive of holidays if any.
- The online Registration Form must be forwarded by the respective Head of Department.
- If granted approval, the student will have to deposit the required late registration fee @ Rs. 50/ per day and submit a copy of the receipt along with the late Registration Forms to the office of
- The Registration later than three weeks shall not be approved under any circumstances.
4. Failure in Registration in a Semester
If a student is failed to register for a semester his/her admission will stand to cancel. After the cancellation of admission, the student can apply for restoration to the Admission Appellate Committee through Department Academic Committee.