- Semester freezing will be granted by the Departmental Academic Committee upon the recommendation of the Student advisor in response to the request made by the student with cogent and plausible reasons.
- If a student freezes a semester, he/ she will resume his/her studies from the same stage where he/she left (froze).
- The maximum duration of the degree program as stipulated in these rules shall remain the same. Interruption of studies shall be counted towards the duration of the program.
- The option of semester freezing will only be exercised after the completion of the first semester. The students/scholars of all programs can apply for freezing after completion of the first semester.
- The students on consecutive probations are not eligible for the freezing of programs. If a student fails to unfreeze study after one year then his/her admission will be canceled.
- A degree program cannot be interrupted more than twice in a particular program; the freezing at a time will be maximum for one year.
- A student whose case is in the process with the Disciplinary Committee of the University will not be eligible for the Interruption of studies before the final recommendation of the Committee and decisions of the Competent Authority.
- If a student is not enrolled in any course in a semester, he/she will not be considered a student of the university in that semester/ period. The student may enroll these courses in a subsequent semester, however, s/he will have to meet perquisites of any courses taken.
- The unfreezing request shall be submitted at least two weeks before the start of the semester by the student in person with all the requirements.
A student may be allowed to freeze a program if he/she is not able to continue under Force Majeure. However, this option can only be exercised subject to the following conditions: