- Applicability and Commencement
These shall apply to all students on the rolls of the teaching and research departments, Institutes and the constituent colleges of the KUST and shall come into force with immediate effect.
- Students Code of Honor
Every student shall observe the following code of honor;
- Faithfulness in his/her religious duties and respect for convictions of others in matters of religious conscience and custom.
- Loyal to Pakistan and refraining from doing anything which might lower its honor and prestige in any way.
- Truthfulness & honesty in dealing with other people.
- Respect for the elders and politeness to all especially to women, children, old people, weak and the helpless.
- Respect for his/her teachers and others in authority in the University.
- Cleanliness of body, mind speech and habits.
- Helpfulness to fellow beings.
- Devotion to studies and sports.
- Protection & care of public property.
- Action against Misconducts
Every member of the teaching staff shall have the power to check any disorderly or improper conduct of or any breach of the regulations, by students in any part of the University Campus or constituent College, should such misconduct occurs in a class room when a student is under the charge of a teacher, the latter may summarily impose a fine not exceeding Rs.1000/- or report the matter immediately to the Chairman or Chairperson/ Director /Principal of the Department / Institute / College and may require the students to leave the class room.
The Librarian shall be responsible for the maintenance of order in the Library. In case of any disorderly conduct or any breach of regulations, he may require the offender to withdraw from the Library for a period not less than one week or if the later desires, a severe punishment, a fine of up to Rs.1000/- may be imposed along with the ban of entry for aforementioned period, or report it to the Discipline Committee.
The Provost, Senior Wardens, Wardens, and Assistant Wardens shall be responsible for the maintenance of order in the hostels.The Director of Sports shall be responsible for the maintenance of order among the students on or near playgrounds or while otherwise under his charge.
The Chief Proctor, Staff Proctors, and Students Proctors shall be responsible for the maintenance of order among the students on the Campus and for checking the behavior likely to damage the good name of the University Campus.
- Prohibited Acts
The following acts are prohibited for students;
- Smoking in the classroom laboratory, workshops, library, examination hall, or convocation hall and during the study or academic functions.
- The consumption of alcoholic drinks or other intoxicating drugs within the University Campus or university Hostels or during instruction, sports or cultural tours or survey camp or entering such places or attending any such tour or camp while under the influence of such intoxicants.
- Organizing or taking part in any function within the University Campus or hostel or organizing any club or society of students except in accordance with the prescribed rules and regulations.
- Collecting money or receiving funds or pecuniary assistance for or on behalf of the University Organization except with the written permission of the Vice-Chancellor.
- Practices like, staging, inciting or participating in protests, or abetting any walkout, strike, or other form of agitation, against the University or its teachers or officers, inciting any one to violence, disruption of the peaceful atmosphere of the University in any way, making inflammatory speeches or gestures which may cause resentment issuing of pamphlets or cartoons casting aspersion on the teachers or staff of the University or the University bodies or doing anything in anyway likely to promote rift and hatred among the various groups or classes of students community, issuing statements in the press making false accusations or lowering the prestige of the University.
- The act of Indiscipline in Examination
Any candidate found guilty of following matters, his/her case will be submitted to Unfair Means Cases Committee (Semester system) constituted by relevant Dean. The committee will be constituted of 02 senior faculty members, Director Academic, Controller of Examinations headed by the senior Professor of the university.
- Remove a Leaf from his/her answer book, the answer book shall be canceled
- Submit forged or fake documents in connection with an examination
- Commits impersonation in the examination
- Copies of paper, book or notes
- Mutilates the answer books
- Possess any kind of material which may be helpful to his/her on the examination
- Does anything that is immoral or illegal in connection with examination and which may be helpful to him/her in the examination
- Misbehaves or create any kind of disturbance in or around the examination center
- Use abusive or obscene language in the answer script
- Possesses any kind of weapon in or around examination center
- Possesses any kind of electronic device which may be helpful in the examination
His/her case shall result in following penalties keeping in view the nature and intensity of the offense
- Cancellation of paper
- Suspension from the program for one semester
- Heavy or light fine
- Expulsion from the University
- Any other.
If a student is not satisfied with the decision of the Unfair Means Cases Committee, he/she can submit his / her appeal within a week after the decision of the committee to the Vice-Chancellor.