- The MPhil/MS, M.Phil/ MS leading to PhD and PhD Programmes in various disciplines shall be advertised by the Directorate of Academics in the National Press subject to the availability of infrastructure, staff and facilities and shall be open to all eligible candidates.
- Application for admission shall be submitted to the office of the concerned Department/ Institute/ Centre on the prescribed form (available in the prospectus) on or before the last date of form submission. The application form must be supported by the attested photocopies of the previously obtained Certificates/Degrees/DMCs/ Transcripts, valid result card of GAT-General (NTS)/ GRE (International) Subject (ETS)/ GAT-Subject (NTS), Domicile, CNIC of the candidate and of his/her father/guardian and any other documents as mentioned in the advertisement or as mentioned in the prescribed application form.
- The clause 1(vii) shall be applicable.
- The concerned Departmental Academic/Admission Committee shall scrutinize the application forms in light of the prescribed eligibility criteria and shall prepare a merit list of eligible candidates which will be displayed/ uploaded on the concerned department/institute/centre notice board/ university website with copy to the concerned Dean and Director Academics.
- In case of query/ objection, the clause 1(xii) may be followed.
- After entertaining the queries/ objections by the concerned Departmental Academic Committee and if necessary, the merit list will be revised.
- The list of provisionally admitted candidates will be displayed/ uploaded on the notice board/ website, the candidates will appear in person before the Departmental Academic/Admission Committee for verification of original documents and will deposit the admission fee as per prescribed schedule. Those who fail to appear before the Committee alongwith original documents/ deposit the admission fee as per prescribed schedule, his/her provisional admission will stand cancel and the vacant seat(s) shall be filled up from the waiting list and the list(s) so prepared will be displayed/uploaded on the notice board/ website and the candidates will be admitted as per procedure mentioned above.
MERIT DETERMINATION CRITERIA FOR MPHIL LEADING TO PHD
1. 40% weightage shall be given to the aggregate of marks all examinations from SSC/equivalent to MA/M.Sc/Equivalent as per following formula:
Marks %age in SSC/equivalent x 1= A
Marks %age in HSSC/equivalent x 2= B
Marks %age in BA/B.Sc/equivalent x 3= C
Marks %age in MA/M.Sc/equivalent x 4= D
Aggregate = A+B+C+D
2. 05 marks for distinction (Gold Medal) in each examination in BA/B.Sc/Equivalent and MA/M.Sc/Equivalent.
3. 50% weight shall be given to the test equivalent to GAT/ GRE.
Note: In case of MPhil/MS, MPhil/MS leading to PhD in Education, the marks of B.Ed (1 year) and M.Ed (1 year) shall be added for getting the percentage of marks at par MA/MSc.
MERIT DETERMINATION FOR PHD
The merit will be determined by the concerned Departmental Academic/ Admission Committee keeping in view references and research proposal submitted by the candidate alongwith their application forms.