ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR M.PHIL/MS, MPHIL/MS LEADING TO PHD
- Relevant Master degree or equivalent (after 16 year education) or 4-year education after intermediate (minimum 130 credit hours), with first division or a CGPA of 2.50 on the scale of 4.00 from HEC recognized university/ degree awarding institution, having not less than 60% marks in two examinations and not less than 45% marks in any examination.
Note: In case of admission to M.Phil in English Language and Literature, 50% marks will be compulsory for those candidates who have passed MA/equivalent degree in English Language and Literature under Annual/Term System of examination instead of 1st division in MA/equivalent degree.
- GAT-General (NTS)/ Equivalent with minimum 50% cumulative score
ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA FOR PH.D PROGRAMME
- The minimum qualification for a candidate to be registered as a Ph.D Scholar shall be M.Phil/MS/M.Sc (Hons)/Equivalent degree with minimum CGPA 3.00 on the scale of 4.00 or First Division in the relevant field from any HEC recognized university/ Degree Awarding Institution.
- GRE Subject Test conducted by Educational Testing Service will be required at the time of admission to PhD with minimum acceptable score as given below:
a). 45% Percentile Score: Valid for admission until December 31, 2010
b). 50% Percentile Score: Valid for admission until December 31, 2011
c). 60% Percentile Score: Valid for admission thereafter
Note: In discipline where this Test is not available, the candidate must have pass GAT-Subject (NTS) with minimum 60% cumulative score. If the Test is not available in the NTS Subject List, then a University Committee consisting of at least three PhD Faculty Members in the subject area and approved by HEC will conduct the test at par with GRE Subject Test and qualifying score for this Test will be 70%.
INELIGIBILITY FOR ADMISSION
- Persons convicted for moral turpitude by a court of law shall not be eligible for admission to any program in the University.
- Already enrolled in any other degree program of this University/ other University.
iii. A candidate who has been rusticated/ expelled or whose entry in any College/University of the country has been banned for any reason whatsoever at any time during his/her academic career shall not be admitted to any program without permission of the Syndicate.